Who we are
Imhotep Institute Charter High School (IICHS) is an African centered STEM school located in Northwest region of Philadelphia. The primary goal of Imhotep is to produce well rounded and productive lifelong learners through a culturally relevant program with high student academic achievement. Our underlying philosophy is a rigorous, integrative, curriculum combined with the historical and cultural richness of our African Heritage. Imhotep is a culturally-responsive STEM school with connections to many community organizations and resources. Classes are held at the main campus, community partner sites, as well as dual enrollment at local colleges.
Imhotep Institute is committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment. Guided by the department of health recommendations, Imhotep has Covid-19 safety precautions in place including masking indoors, temperature checks, social distancing and sanitizing spaces
The ideal teacher candidate is dedicated to education of our youth, understands or is willing to learn about African centered education, is energetic, organized and patient in the delivery of instruction. Imhotep teachers are required to deliver differentiated instruction to their assigned group of students, implement culturally infused lessons and utilize technology available – Power School, Schoology etc., and other resources fully, to enhance delivery, understanding and high achievement of our students.
- Positive energy and spirit with a willingness to learn, share and participate in the Imhotep Community.
- Must hold PA Certification in the content area of interest
- Must have current clearances: Child Abuse Clearance, PA State Criminal Background Check, FBI Fingerprinting check, Act 168 from previous employers.
- Candidates with coursework in African American Studies, experience in alternative pedagogical development, including African Centered pedagogy and/or community program development is a plus
- Mathematics 9 -12
- Biology 9 – 12
- English 9-12
- STEM – 9-12
What we offer
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience * Professional Development and Coaching to enhance your teaching skills * Health Insurance, 100% premium & deductibles/copays paid , 5% match on retirement benefits * Family like atmosphere where a very conscious effort is made to have life/work balance *
We believe in “I Am because We Are, and We Are, because I Am, Together We Grow Strong”
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org Please list your credentials and dates of your clearances on the cover letter.