Who we are
Imhotep Institute Charter High School (IICHS) is an African-centered STEM school located in the Northwest region of Philadelphia. The primary goal of Imhotep is to produce well-rounded and productive lifelong learners through a culturally relevant program with high student academic achievement. Our underlying philosophy is a rigorous, integrative, curriculum combined with the historical and cultural richness of our African Heritage. Imhotep is a culturally responsive STEM school with connections to many community organizations and resources. Classes are normally held at the main campus, community partner sites, as well as dual enrollment at local colleges.
The ideal teacher candidate is dedicated to the education of our youth, understands or is willing to learn about African-centered education, is energetic, organized, and patient in the delivery of instruction. Imhotep teachers are required to deliver differentiated instruction to their assigned group of students, implement culturally infused lessons and utilize the technology available – Power School, Schoology, etc., and other resources fully, to enhance the delivery, understanding, and high achievement of our students.
- Positive energy and spirit with a willingness to learn, share and participate in the Imhotep Community.
- Must hold PA Certification in the content area of interest.
- Must have current clearances: Child Abuse Clearance, PA State Criminal Background.
- Check, FBI Fingerprinting check, Act 168 from previous employers.
- Candidates with coursework in African American Studies, experience in alternative pedagogical development, including African Centered pedagogy and/or community program development is a plus
- Mathematics 9-12
- Biology 9 – 12
- English/Language Arts 9-12
- Social Studies 9-12
- STEM 9-12
- Special Education 9-12
- Academic Intervention 9-12
- Para Educator
What we offer
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- Professional Development and Coaching to enhance your teaching skills
- Health Insurance, 100% premium & deductibles/copays paid, 5% match on retirement benefits
- Family-like atmosphere where a very conscious effort is made to have life/work balance
Our belief is “I Am because We Are, and We Are, because I Am, Together We Grow Strong”
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com Please list your credentials and dates of your clearances on the cover letter.